Friday, August 17, 2007

School Starting

I haven't had much time to do art these past days, although I am working on a portrait pencil drawing of a couple of young girls. They are the daughters of a fellow church member and cancer survivor. I may post that some time in the near future.

Our school is starting and I have been busy readying myself and my classroom for the big day. I love my students and so look forward to seeing them all - again, for those I have taught before and, for the first time, many new, aspiring artists. It is always a thrill to meet my classes and begin our journey.

For those of you who happen to watch for new posts, I will try to get something on within the next week or so. I do so enjoy creating my own work and it has been great fun being just the artist for the space of a few weeks. Unfortunately, I am already missing it now that I no longer have my free time. Back to teacher/artist.

No comments: